We are looking for a reliable Dispatcher to act as a communication point for emergency and non-emergency calls. You will receive requests, transmit messages and track monitored activity the ideal candidate must be primarily an excellent communicator and able to remain calm and composed, especially in emergency situations. You must be able to multi-task as well as take the appropriate action with little supervision. The goal is to enable different parties to communicate well by ensuring the accurate and timely transmission of information. This position is $16 - $18 hourly based on experience.
- Receive emergency and non-emergency calls and record significant information
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions.
- Prioritize calls according to urgency and importance
- Provide police units with information about orders, traffic, obstacles and requirements
- Enter data in computer system and maintain logs and records of calls, activities and other information
- Proven experience as dispatcher or relevant position
- Fast typing with experience in data entry
- Knowledge of procedures and guideline for emergency situations
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Active listener with excellent communication skills
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
- High school diploma
Full-Time and/or Part-Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.