Equipment and material theft can cause delays project completion time by weeks and sometimes months. These delays can and often result in loss of profits for a general contractor. It is common sense to take precautions, but surprisingly a great deal of construction sites fails to do so. We want to share 5 simple but effect ways to “Secure Your Construction Site”. More is not always better; keep it simple and keep it effective.
1. Build a perimeter around your job site! All construction sites should have thorough temporary fencing, it serves as a strong primary defense. Having a perimeter will prevent wanderers and pedestrians entering onto your job site; you do not need a random personal injury lawsuit
2. Add lighting! Criminals hate light! They prefer to operate and lurk in the shadows to not be seen. By providing light, criminals will feel as if their chances of being seen or getting caught is exponentially higher. So, make sure you get some lights pointed at things you don’t want to be stolen.
3. Store your equipment and materials! Do not leave your equipment and materials outside in the open or by the perimeter, it is an open buffet for thieves. By keeping materials out of sight and storing them in a fenced area, you have made it exponentially more difficult to pilfer.
4. Set alarms at key points! A loud deafening alarm will give thieves a good jump scare. Audible sirens paired with flashing lights will instill fear in their hearts and should result with them abandoning their mission of stealing anything.
5. Use live-monitoring surveillance! With live-monitoring surveillance systems, your job site has professional monitors constantly scanning for trespassers all night while you rest with a peace of mind. SentriForce provides this service and more; live monitoring paired with thermal cameras for increased accuracy in threat detection. When suspicious activity is detected, you will be notified and local law enforcement will also be in contact.
For more information about video surveillance and live video monitoring services for your construction site, contact SentriForce. Combining industry leading technology with our Texas-based and owned monitoring facility to help you and your team reduce loss and mitigate risk.